Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sending gifts/letters for Magda with Mack

It would be sweet if Magda could receive a personalized gift from each of her sponsors when I visit. If you would like me to carry gifts to Magda on your behalf, these are the"rules":


1. The items must fit into a 1 gallon-sized ziplock bag. (You'd be surprised athow much can be packed into one of those!)


2. The items may be exposed to high levels of heat before reaching theirdestination, so keep this in mind. (No crayons, chocolate, etc.)


3. At a minimum, please include a photo of yourself/your family with your namewritten on the back so Magda will know who the gifts are from.


4. A letter would be great, but remember that it will be given to her directly,so it must be written in Spanish. If you do not know Spanish, simply contact me (through LiftOne or the Google group)for my email address, send your letter to me, and I will get it translated for you, then email it back ASAP (or I can print it off my computer and add it to your baggie).


5. Please try to get the gifts to me by the first week of August, so I can pack and be ready well in advance of my departure the third week of August. Contact me for my mailing address as I don't want to post it on a public blog.



If you wish to include a small contribution to Magda's shopping/McDonald's costs, that would be appreciated (but is not at all mandatory). You can also donate to the FirstGiving fundraising page for the trip: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jim-miller-1/guatemalagirls

Thanks!

Mack

2 comments:

  1. I know that you and the girls will have a wonderful time! I wish that I could meet these sweet girls also but will experience everything through your updates and photos. I wish that I could give more. Have a fantastic and safe trip! God bless.

    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mack, here is the link to Odilia's blog, if you would like to post this there also:

    http://odiliasblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete