Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mack's trip to visit Magda

Hello, fellow sponsors of Magda!



I am happy to announce that I have joined your group (and paid my dues, even) as a co-sponsor of little Magda.



My family will be visiting my father's child, Nicty, on September 7th of this year (just like I visited her on Sept. 7th of last year!). On the same day, we will be able to spend time with Magda and Odilia, two group-sponsored Guatemalan girls. These two should get along well, as they will both be 11 years old - Magda just barely, and Odilia nearing age 12 (December 18th).




Unfortunately, I will be unable to visit the homes of Magda and Odilia, because they live a 1.5 hour drive north of Antigua. Luckily, they can be driven into the city to meet up with us, where I'm sure that they will have a super awesome day out! (With plenty of photo ops, of course!)



Here is the plan sent from the office in Guatemala:



9:45 We will get together with Odilia and Magda in the Main Park of Antigua, Guatemala



10:00 Go shopping for clothes for all the children



12:30 Lunch at McDonald's



2:30 Finish the visit for Magda and Odilia because they will have to head home;however, we have more time for Nicty to spend with the sponsors.




If you are willing to contribute any money toward fun and shopping for Magda in Antigua, I've set up a way for you to donate through FirstGiving.



http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jim-miller-1/guatemalagirls



The money will go to an organization "Save the Orcas" which I support anyway. The funds I would normally given to them, I will now keep to pay myself back for what I will spend on Odilia.
My father and I share a FirstGiving account, which is why the fundraiser has been set up under his name.



Thanks!
Macky



PS: If you can't spare much, I understand. Times are tough these days.



Photos of Odilia and her family ...






No comments:

Post a Comment